Saturday, August 15, 2009

Woops

So, I had really hoped to have my first mix up and streaming by last night but I ran into a thousand walls trying to record the mix. I'm reasonably saavy when it comes to technology in that I can eventually figure most things out, but i'm certainly not quick-witted when it comes to that sort of thing. That and sometimes I can be a mindless idiot and do things like press record instead of play seven different times when trying to record the mix to my computer, thus having to re-record the first track on the mixtape as many times (okay, maybe more like four).

At this point, I'm stuck @ work which is why I'm writing this, and at home I have one half of the mix recorded and ready to become an mp3. When I get home later I'll record the other side, and hopefully spend less than four hours trying to figure out how to export it as an mp3.

For now, I think I've decided to keep the mixes streaming. I may offer the download at some point, or by request, but I am not sure I want to have it available upfront for many reasons. I do, however, encourage you to use your tape deck to record the mixes onto a tape (I'll give you the tape length with each mix) - or, some mixes I may offer to send out dubbed copies of the tape. We'll see.


Either way I'm wicked stoked on this whole thing, and I hope that I'll start cranking out finished mixes since I have a place to share them (other than in my apartment and with Aubrey). I also am sort of stoked to finally start using any sort of recording software, even something as basic as Audacity, because there is a definite possibility that I may start using personally recorded and found sound in future mixes, and who knows, might start actually altering some of the tracks I use. We'll see.


Expect a mix tonight, for real.

No comments:

Post a Comment

LINKS: Eating A Hobo - Spool Spectrum - This Moi - Wasted Youth Sound System - Weekend Party Update - Besty Q. Bramble - Todo Mundo - Rogue Femme Art - Holy Craft! Fair

Free Blog Counter