Tuesday, November 10, 2009

Fink Tape #3

My music intake is forever peppered with pop music from the 80's (as is my movie intake, my book intake, my wardrobe...). Last night on my way home I decided I wanted to make a tape, and while I set off to make a 'amazing but ignored hiphop/r&b radio tracks from the past 5 years' tracklist, I ended up pulling all my 80s pop records out, excited by the new vinyl copy of the Pretty in Pink soundtrack I found last weekend. As I was sorting, I put on Roxy Music's 'Avalon' and well, this is what happened. I started figuring out the tracklist in my head, based mainly on stuff I own on vinyl, getting stoked that I'd be making an almost vinyl-only tape.

Sadly, as I was making the tape the speed level on my turntable started getting feisty and I wasn't really able to use any of my records on the tape - so a lot of the songs on here that I own on vinyl (being about 90% of the songs) ended up being recorded from streaming mp3. Maybe it's time to give in a just buy a brand new turntable... and recommendations?

This is no sophistacted mixtape - this is just a bunch of my favorite pop songs (and probably yours too) that all happen to be from the 80's (nothing before or after). Have fun listening!












Side A

Roxy Music - Tara (vinyl)
The Plimsouls - A Million Miles Away (imeem)
The English Beat - Tears of A Clown (imeem)
Prince and Sheila E - Erotic City (imeem)
Ready for the World - Oh Sheila (imeem)
Madonna - Borderline (imeem)
Tiffany - I Think We're Alone Now (tape)
Stevie Nicks - Stand Back (imeem)
Danny Hutton's Hitters - Wouldn't It Be Good (from Pretty in Pink sndtrk, mp3)



Side B

The Smiths - Stop Me... (mp3)
The Pretenders - Middle of the Road (mp3)
Hall and Oates - Out of Touch (mp3)
UB40 - Rat in Mi Kitchen (imeem)
Payola$ - Eyes of a Stranger (mp3)
Roxy Music - More Than This (imeem)
Journey - Seperate Ways (Worlds Apart) (imeem)

No comments:

Post a Comment

LINKS: Eating A Hobo - Spool Spectrum - This Moi - Wasted Youth Sound System - Weekend Party Update - Besty Q. Bramble - Todo Mundo - Rogue Femme Art - Holy Craft! Fair

Free Blog Counter